How to care for your pod
- Please use Only Cold water to wash.
- Air dry in shade - acrylic fabrics hate heat and cause the fur to 'mat', so no hot water or tumble drier
- Pet hair doesn't stick to faux fur. Not much does, which is Fantastic!
- Just brush, vacuum or remove the cover & shake and the bulk of the hair, dirt or sand will come off.
- Covers can be washed as often as needed in cold water, give them a shake before hanging to dry and they'll look like new for years to come.
- To wash, remove the cover and use 'gentle' cycle and COLD water.
- Air Dry - give it a shake, then hang it where there's a breeze - clients tell us they use the outdoor furniture to hang it over. Give it another shake when its dry.
- Air the base and cushion while washing the cover - Dirt and smells don't seem to penetrate past the cover easily, so airing will extend the life of the pod
- Pod (black case) probably won't require to be washed very often but if you do, take the inner cushion out and air it separately.
- The Pod can go straight in the washing machine with COLD water on gentle cycle - even the XL Pod (just remove the inner cushion first).
- Inner cushion, if needed, can be washed using a wash bag or by hand. The stuffing will clump when wet, but move it around while its drying and it'll reshape
- Air dry each part
Useful info about your pod
- The bed is oval shaped and so is the cover
- To refit the cover easily, just line up the Pods4Pets label on the cover with the zip under the Pod
- With one hand holding the label and Pod, use the other hand to 'feed' the elasticized cover, working from the zip and continuing around the Pod. It goes on easily ! Continue to align the logo with the zip
- If you've removed the inner cushion, to air or wash, when it's dry, give it a good shake to get the 'innards' fluffed up.
- Refit the inner cushion into the black base, and zip up. Cover on and you're done!